We’ll try to make this as simple as possible, but please do read as these Terms are a binding agreement.
This is a contract (“Terms”) between you and an AbridgeME, LLC (“AbridgeMe,” “we,” or “us”), applicable when you use our sites, services, mobile applications, products, and content provided by AbridgeMe, globally, in existence now or in the future (“AbridgeMe Services”).
If you do not agree to the Terms, please do not use AbridgeMe
By publishing on AbridgeMe, you agree to allow others to view your content.
We do pre-screen user content and we have the right (though no obligation) to refuse, modify, or remove any content you post or transfer to AbridgeMe Services for any reason.
If you want to modify any submitted content, please send your request to Support@AbridgeMe.com and we will work with you on this as soon as operationally possible. AbridgeMe does reserve the right to retain Summary submissions and re-use under any and all circumstances.
You’re responsible for the content you submit to AbridgeMe and assume all risks associated with it, including anyone else’s reliance on its accuracy, or claims relating to intellectual property or other legal rights. By posting, you represent that you own or have the necessary rights to post the content on AbridgeMe, and that doing so doesn’t conflict with any other licenses you’ve granted.
By furnishing your User Content to AbridgeMe, you give AbridgeMe a non-exclusive worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable license to utilize all copyright rights now in existence or that may arise in the future with respect to your User Content, in any medium that now exists or may arise in the future, as well as to do anything else that is reasonably appropriate to our Service and its use of your User Content (including, but not limited to, use of your name in association with your User Content to identify you as the contributor). The license has no restriction as to the medium, dissemination method, type of Service we may offer, or the type of systems or products that may be used in conjunction with your User Content.
The look and feel of AbridgeMe Services are copyright AbridgeME,LLC. All rights reserved. Some portions of the site are licensed pursuant to third party open source licensing. For the remainder of the site, you may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS, JavaScipt, logos, or visual design elements without express written permission from AbridgeMe unless otherwise permitted by law.
We may modify these Terms at any time
We can change these Terms at any time. If the changes are material, we’ll let you know by email or posting a notice on the site before the changes go into effect. The notice will designate a reasonable amount of time (the “Notice Period”) after which the new terms will go into effect for all users. If you don’t agree to the new terms, please delete your account within the Notice Period. If you do not delete your account within the Notice Period, your content and use of the site will be subject to the new terms going forward.
We may modify our Services at any time
We do our best to provide you a reliable and evolving service, but we may change, terminate, or restrict access to any aspect of the service, at any time, without notice.
Third-party account use for sign-ins
Because AbridgeMe is shared space, and we want many different topics/summaries to thrive, we need to have a few rules. Failure to comply with the below rules may result in us taking action such as removing content, or suspending or deleting your account:
- Don’t post anything relating to minors that is inappropriately sexual or violent. Don't bully or harass minors.
- Don’t spam. Don’t use deceptive tags or links or otherwise mislead other users about what you’ve posted. Don’t embed malicious code in your posts. Don't use deceptive means to generate revenue or traffic, or create posts with the primary purpose of affiliate marketing.
- Don’t register accounts or post content automatically, systematically, or programmatically.
- Respect the copyrights and trademarks of others. Unless you are authorized to use someone else's copyrighted or trademarked work (either expressly or by legal exceptions and limitations like fair use), don't do it. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement as per our Copyright Policy and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Don’t impersonate someone else in a deceptive way.
- Don’t use AbridgeMe to fish for personal information in deceptive ways.
**If you violate these policies, you may receive a notice via email. If you don’t explain yourself or fix the problem, your account may be suspended and your IP address may be blocked. We do our best to act fairly, but we always reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove content, without notice, for any reason, but particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, or community. We reserve the right to enforce, or not enforce, these policies at our sole discretion, and these policies don't create a duty or contractual obligation for us to act in any particular manner.
1. YOU USE THE ABRIDGEME SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
2. ABRIDGEME MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO ABRIDGEME SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT (I) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, ABSOLUTELY SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, OR (IV) ANY ERRORS IN THE ABRIDGEME SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED.
3. YOU UNDERSTAND AND EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT ABRIDGEME SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF ABRIDGEME HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; (V) OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE ABRIDGEME SERVICES.